support – community – Accountability
We would love to have you join our program!
The Fatherhood Initiative program is reinvigorated and ready to accept more fathers! We all need connection with others, and there is no time like now to reach out for support! No shame or judgment—just a group of dads (both mentors and mentees) who encourage each other and provide a safe place to grow as a man.
Some parenting tips for Dads:
- When the going gets tough, take a break
- Prioritize family time in your schedule
- Play, play, play!
- Put the phone down and listen to your child
- Eat together as a family
- Show interest in what your child enjoys
- Read to your child
- Teach your child to make good choices
- Respect the other parent of your child
- Monthly Support Group Meetings with Other Dads
- Occasional Outings with Other Dads and Children
- Relationship with a Mentor who Understands
- Strategies for Parenting, Relationships, Communication, and More
- Open to Any Father in the Community