Do you enjoy working with infants, toddlers, and families? If so, Family Support Hawaii has a great opportunity for you! Our Early Head Start program is seeking a talented, multi-faceted, and responsible individual to fill the role of Ka’u Family Advocate. Family Advocates are responsible for a myriad of duties within our Early Head Start program including, but not limited to:
• The recruitment of families eligible for Early Head Start services
• Describing the program accurately to potential applicants and assisting families to complete the application process
• Data entry
• Maintaining consistent communication with program applicants and referred individuals
• Ensuring and establishing an effective transition into the Early Head Start program
• Providing transportation to enrolled families to program activities, and medical, dental, and social services appointments, and assisting with these appointments
• Providing child care at program activities
• Providing direct and supportive intervention to assist families in crisis
• Conducting and maintaining vehicle maintenance schedules, inspections, and logs
• Other duties as assigned
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Applicants must be willing to work towards the attainment of a degree in Early Childhood Education, and must have a current Hawaii driver’s license and clean driving abstract. Applicants must also have the ability to operate computers efficiently, have data entry skills, and possess a basic knowledge of and skill with MS Office Suite and database software. You must own a cell phone to qualify for this position.
This is a part-time 18 hour position.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.